Saturday, March 31, 2007

Driver's Ed

If you know anyone who is seeking driver's training, advise them to not take it at Saturn Lily Driving School in Hayward, CA.

I am 16 years old and I took it there about a month and a half ago. I could not learn anything because I was in fear of the man who was my driving instructor. His name is Jose, also known as "Pepe." On the very first day of my driver's training, he asked me to unzip my jacket because he said he wanted to "read my shirt." At the time, I didn't think he had any ulterior motives, so I unzipped it and he then said, "Nice."

At the next session, was teaching me how to back up out of a parking space when he told me to stop. He told me I had "beautiful hands" and he began touching my hand and stroking my arm. He even made me hold his hand. He did that on several occasions throught that session, and even the next one was well. I was scared and I coudn't concentrate because his presence made me feel very uncomfortable.

I told my parents about this, and I think they are going to file a complaint against him. So please, don't be like me and have $250 spent only to be touched by some poor, perverted driving instructor.

10 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for your for telling your parents!

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for telling me, i live near hayward.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sounds like he was just being a nice guy. maybe next time you shouldnt dress so provocatively so as not to lead him on

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger HollaBackCali said...

The way a young woman is dressed does not give anybody the permission to be inappropriate towards them.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wearing a T-shirt. There's nothing provactive about that.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Maria Stahl said...

Anonymous #3 was yanking your chain. Pay no attention. And good for you for telling your parents and your parents for protecting you!

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope that his horny little hide is nailed to to the wall. What he did was illegal and outrageous, and needs to be brought to the attention of the police and this instructors boss, or the supervisor of the driving school. A predator like him needs to be locked away from any contact with the public for the next, oh, I dont know, 45 or 50 years? It may just be "touching" now, but certainly will be far worse than that in the future. These people dont just "stop". They need to be caught, and punished.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Arcana said...

Yeah, He doesn't have the right to do that, to you or to anybody, and I would support any survivors choice in how they wanted to deal with a situation like this ...

But #7, Locking people away forever? or near forever? Pretty sure that doesn't solve the problem either. We need to (as a culture, as a community) address the ways that teach people like him that thats sort of shit is ok in the first place.

We can't just lock up all the scaries.

 
At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for reporting him.

When I took my Behind-the-Wheel sessions last summer, a guy in the car next to us at a light started honking, waving, and making all sorts of rude comments and gestures about our "pretty pussies" and "awesome tits" (there were two other students in the car as well, and we were all 16). My driving instructor was an ex-cop with a temper for things like that, so she got out of the car, went to his window, and started screaming about how nothing gives him the right to harass women of any age and that she was reporting him. She took his license number and did so. It turns out the he was a convicted sex offender (for multiple crimes against teenagers), and he won't be getting out of prison for a long, long time. Now, whenever I'm driving and some creep leers at me, I can remember that driving instructor and tell these men exactly what I think of them.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ugh #3!
he was NOT being a nice guy!
shes 16 and he's some old creep looking at her breasts and making her hold his hand! as i read that u make it sound like that sort of thing is ok, which really makes me wonder whether or not YOU do stuff like that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home