Friday, October 27, 2006

Ass Hats Downtown

This past Friday night my roommate and I decided to walk around downtown just to get out of the house. We were dressed in jeans, sweaters, and tennis shoes, NOT that what we were wearing has a damn thing to do with it. As we walked in front of a bar a guy started walking next to my roommate and making growling and barking sounds. I don't know if he was just trying to scare us or what but I turned to him and said, "Seriously? Is that what you're really doing right now?" At that point, he stopped walking with us but stood watching us walk away while he loudly sang "Shake That Ass For Me" by Eminem. I turned and yelled for him to shut up, not that it did any good.

As the night went on and we continued our walk, several other ass hats made lewd comments or gestures as they passed us. We started keeping track and we were up to 5 different guys by the time we went home. What the hell? Can't two women just walk around after dark without this crap?

My being a woman is not an invitation to degrade, demean, harass, or even speak to me, let alone make me feel unsafe in my own town.

Posted by: G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home